100% ease and comfort with Sunny Boy 3.0–6.0.
SMA Sunny Boy 4.0 (SB4.0-1AV-41) is a single-phase grid feed-in inverter, provided with Pac, r/Sac, max: 4.0kW/4.0 kVA. It is transformerless with blind power feed, integrated Wi-Fi and Ethernet based Speedwire/Webconnect communication interface, including SMA Modbus and SunSpec Protocol, integrated web server, RS485 and TS4 communication connection, multi-string function, DC connection SUNCLIX, including DC unlock switch.
The new Sunny Boy 4.0 succeeds the world's most installed residential string inverter, the Sunny Boy 4,000 TL. It is more than just a PV inverter: delivered with SMA Smart Connected service, it is a complete package that offers PV system owners and installers true comfort and ease. The automatic inverter monitoring by SMA analyzes operation, reports irregularities and minimizes downtime.
In 4.0 kW power class, the Sunny Boy is ideally suited to solar power generation in private homes. Thanks to its extremely light design and the modern user interface, the device can be easily and quickly installed. Current communication standards make the inverter future-proof, meaning SMA storage solutions and SMA Smart Home can be added at any time.
Technical Data and Features
- MPP-voltage range: 110V bis 500V
- Max. input voltage: 600V
- Min. input voltage / initial input voltage: 100-125V
- Max. input current input A / input B: 15A/15A
- Rated power (@ 230 V, 50 Hz): 4,000W
- Max. efficiency / European efficiency: 97,0%/96,4%
- Operating temperature range: −25°C to +60°C
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 470 x 176mm
- Weight: 17.5kg
- Degree of protection (according to IEC 60529): IP65
- Climatic category (according to IEC 60721-3-4): 4K4H
- Warranty: 5 years (extendable)
Certificates and approvals (more available upon request)
AS 4777, C10/11, CE, CEI 0-21, EN 50438, G59/3, G83/2, IEC 61727, NEN- EN50438, NRS 097-2-1, PPC, PPDS, RD1699, RD 661, SI 4777, UTE C15-712, VDE-AR-N 4105, VDE0126-1-1, VFR 2014.
Maximum energy yields for private homes
Thanks to its integrated web interface for easy commissioning via a smartphone or tablet and SMA Smart Connected service, this inverter offers true ease and comfort for PV system operators and installers.
Quick and easy to install
With its reduced weight, the Sunny Boy can be installed quickly while taking up minimal space. The Sunny Boy can be commissioned quickly via smartphone or tablet thanks to its web interface.
- One-person installation due to low weight of 17.5 kg
- Compact design through minimum space requirements
- Quick installation thanks to external connections
- Intuitive commissioning and local monitoring via a smartphone or tablet
Intelligent optimization of energy yield
Established product features and integrated software solutions will provide yield optimization throughout the system's entire service life. Even in shading. SMA ShadeFix is a proprietary inverter software that optimizes energy yield in nearly every situation. SMA Smart Connected inverter monitoring offers enhanced safety by detecting errors at an early stage and automatically reporting them to the installer.
- SMA ShadeFix is an integrated software for yield optimization
- Dynamic active power limitation means direct use of excess energy and less power from the grid
- Automatic inverter monitoring via SMA Smart Connected
- System data visualization via Sunny Portal and Sunny Places
- Local visualization via Smart Inverter Screen
|Datasheet – SMA Sunny Boy 4.0 (SB4.0-1AV-41) (607 KB)|
|Operating Manual – SMA Sunny Boy 4.0 (SB4.0-1AV-41) (2,100 KB)|
|Certificate for the NS protection- SMA Sunny Boy (3.0-6.0) (497 KB)|
|Certificate of Compliance - SMA Sunny Boy (3.0-6.0) (622 KB)|
|Factory Inspection Certificate - SMA (460 KB)|
|CB Test Certificate - SMA Sunny Boy (3.0-6.0) (333 KB)|
|SMA Warranty Terms and Conditions (76 KB)|