The custom-fit solution for on-grid and off-grid with WLAN.
The SMA SUNNY ISLAND 8.OH (V.13) is a Three-phase battery inverter for On-grid and Off-grid installations provided with a top cover in colour ALU RAL9006 and a Rated power (for Unom / fnom / 25°C / cos φ = 1) of 6.0 kW/6.0kVA. It is integrated with a W-LAN and LAN communication via webserver/Webconnect.
The Sunny Island 6.0H-13 support a wide range of on-grid and off-grid applications, and both systems have a number of compelling product features. Users benefit from SMA's over 25 years of experience with battery inverter technology. Its high protection class, wide temperature range and overload capacity provide the kind of reliability needed for off-grid use. Intelligent load and energy management keeps the system running even in critical situations. And being a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System for new and existing PV systems, the Sunny Island system stores generated solar power and works with the Sunny Home Manager to intelligently manage home energy consumption. The new Sunny Island 6.0H system are the perfect product solutions for stand-alone and grid-connected systems in a power output range of up to 13 kW.
Its high protection class, wide temperature range and exceptional overload capacity always provide the kind of reliability needed for off-grid use. Intelligent load and energy management keeps the system running even in critical situations.
Technical data and features
- Battery Type: Li-ion
- Maximum AC input power: 11,500W
- Rate continuous power: 5,430W
- Maximum AC input current: 50A
- Dimensions: 467 x 612 x 242mm
- Weight: 63kg
- Operating Temperature range: 25°C ... +60°C
- Maximum effiiciency: 95.8%
- Protection class according to IEC 62103: I
- Climatic category according to IEC 60721: 3K6
- Degree of protection (according to IEC 60529): IP54
Proven technology now even more affordable
The Sunny Island has been installed more than 120,000 times worldwide. With the new generation, installers and PV system operators benefit from an even more user-friendly battery inverter.
- Lower system costs thanks to fewer components
- Faster installation and commissioning with a simple user interface
- Warranty period extended to 10 years
Communicative in all areas
Thanks to its integrated user interface and standard WLAN and Ethernet interfaces, the Sunny Island can be immediately and easily configured and monitored via smartphones or tablets.
- Uses standard Ethernet and WLAN interfaces
- Webconnect for faster and easier PV system monitoring with Sunny Portal / Sunny Places
- Local monitoring via web interface
- Optimized data logging for maximum transparency, even without continuous online access
Can be used flexibly in private homes and commercial enterprises
The Sunny Island has maximum flexibility, from operation in remote off-grid areas to commercial or home energy management. It gives planners total freedom in the size and type of system, the battery and the type of energy generation. Works with self-consumption systems, battery backup systems and off-grid systems.
- Ideal for retrofits or modular expansions of single- and three-phase systems in the 1 to 30 kW range
- All lead-acid batteries and over 20 different lithium-ion batteries can be used
- Can be expanded with SMA Multicluster-Technologie for systems in the 20 to 300 kW range
Self-consumption systems in your own home
As a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System, the Sunny Island temporarily stores the solar power from the system. It automatically controls the power consumption in the home in conjunction with the intelligent Sunny Home Manager 2.0 energy manager. Solar power can then be used 24 hours a day – both in your home and in commercial enterprises.
Self-consumption systems for commercial enterprises
The Sunny Island provides an efficient, safe and consistent electricity supply in commercial applications such as agricultural holdings, hotels, supermarkets and schools. It balances out load and demand peaks and takes on electricity supply during grid failures.
It's high protection class, wide temperature range and exceptional overload capacity always provide the kind of security in the electricity supply that is needed for off-grid use. Intelligent load and energy management ensures operation even in critical situations and allows any appliance to be switched on even in the event of high inrush currents or harsh ambient conditions.
Always a safe and reliable electricity supply
The Sunny Island runs reliably under even the most extreme conditions – without compromising its efficiency.
- Exceptionally high overload capacity ensures a safe electricity supply, even in critical situations
- IP54 for operation even in extreme environment